Various factors can lead to QuickBooks Errors, and all such co-existing factors can be dealt with quite easily if you are aware of the troubleshooting steps to be followed. QuickBooks error code 1638 is one such error that represents eminence of a corrupt installation file. However, this technical error can also manifest as a result of poor internet connectivity. This problem might cause QuickBooks to cease responding to several queries and to shut down unexpectedly. The Desktop may freeze and a glitch may appear on your desktop screen in the form of additional related symptoms. We advise users to read this article through to the very end so that they can gain a complete understanding of the numerous factors causing the error. We will also provide users with a number of troubleshooting techniques to assist them in resolving Error Code 1638 in QuickBooks.
Primary factors that lead to QuickBooks Installation Error 1638
Some of the most important causes of QuickBooks Error 1638 are listed below.
- Incomplete or unsuccessful QuickBooks installation.
- Malware or a virus has infected your system.
- Firewall configurations prevent QuickBooks Desktop from running without interruption.
- Corrupting of QuickBooks-related files.
- Incorrect Windows Registry entries.
- As a result of a power outage, the system crashed.
- Accidentally deleting important QB files.
Methods for tackling QuickBooks install error 1638
The below given methods should help users get this error fixed once and for all.
Method 1: Double-check the version of QuickBooks
- Open the Run window to start with. For that, tap on the Windows plus R keys
- Type Control Panel into the Run dialogue box and then hit the Enter.
- Now, head to Programs and Features within the Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a Program if Control Panel is displayed in Category View.
- Check if the QuickBooks Desktop version you're installing is included in the list of program.
- Subsequently, open the QuickBooks application if the same version is displayed in the list.
- Try this method first, and if the problem still exists, try the next method (involving alterations in the settings of the Microsoft component).
Method 2: Configure setting of .NET Framework
- Shut down any running programs and applications on your device. Also, launch the Task Manager and then end any irrelevant processes running in the background.
- After that, tap on the Windows icon for accessing the search bar on the Start
- Type Control Panel and hit Enter to open Control Panel to move to the next window.
- From the drop-down menu under Programs and Features, select Turn Windows features on or off.
- From the list of programs, pick the .NET Framework.
- Now, follow the steps listed below for NET Framework 4.5 (or later) and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1:
- Verify that the box next to .NET Framework 4.5 (or later) is checked.
- If it isn't, check the box, select Save, and then reboot your device.
- If it is checked, then you should uncheck it and save the change. Afterward check it once again, followed by restarting the computer.
- Upon restarting the system, reopen QuickBooks to see if the Error 1628 has been resolved.
Method 3: Check the version that you are opening
- The first step involves the user to select All Programs after hitting on the Start
- After that, proceed ahead to choose QuickBooks.
- Select the appropriate QuickBooks version.
- If the issue persists or QuickBooks refuses to open, try the next solution.
Method 4: Install Diagnostic Tool can fix the error
Implement the steps below to use the QuickBooks Diagnostic tool for fixing Error 1638.
- On your computer, download the most recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- The downloaded file named exe should be saved in downloads folder.
- After you double-tap the file, the installation process will start.
- Pay close attention to the installation guidelines and provide your consent to the same.
- Double-click the Tool Hub icon on your Desktop screen to launch it after the installation procedure is complete.
- From the window's left side, select the Installation Issues
- Finally, from the drop-down menu, choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- When the tool completes analyzing and repairing the QuickBooks software, you need to close the window. This might take some time.
- Restart your computer after that, and verify the resolution of the QuickBooks Error 1638.
Method 5: Clean installation of QuickBooks
The steps listed below should be followed to uninstall the QB desktop:
- Press and hold the Windows and S keys
- Subsequently, type in Control Panel in order to launch it.
- Afterward, proceed to Programs and Features and then hit on Uninstall a Program
- From the list of installed programs, opt for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on Uninstall/Change and adhere to the prompts on the screen.
- The next step is to rename the installation directory for QuickBooks.
- Afterwards, find and open the QuickBooks installation folder.
- Press the Windows key and the R key together to launch the Run
- Copy the folder's location and paste it in the Run dialogue box, then hit Enter.
- Right-click the installation folder and choose the Rename
- Conclude by renaming by including .old at the end of the filename.
We have tried to frame this article keeping into consideration the technical unawareness of QuickBooks users who face this issue. We hope that the methods revealed within the purview of this blog helped to fix QuickBooks Error 1638 from your computer. You can contact our QuickBooks technical team at 1 800 761 1787 to avail impeccable support.