When users attempt to upgrade their copy of the QuickBooks Desktop application, the QuickBooks error 12031 typically pops up. This piece of writing contains all the information you require, including the various solutions and typical causes of this Error. We urge you to go through the full length of this article carefully and put each preventive measure into action in order to fix QuickBooks Error 12031.
What contributes to QuickBooks Error 12031?
Error 12031 in QuickBooks can have any of the following causes. Although there may be additional causes, users have primarily reported the ones listed below.
- This problem might also be caused by unstable or poor internet connectivity.
- QuickBooks could not operate due to the firewall, resulting in Error 12031.
- The antivirus security software can prevent QuickBooks from connecting to the network.
- Bad SSL settings may also lead to this Error.
How can I get QuickBooks Error 12031 resolved?
Below are mentioned and enumerated the various solutions that will definitely aid you in fixing QuickBooks Error code 12031.
Method 1: Update QuickBooks
- Launch QuickBooks initially.
- Soon after, advance to the Help
- The next step requires choosing the option to update QuickBooks.
- Then, check for updates and, if any are available, install them.
- QuickBooks must now be closed. Restart the application after it has been closed.
- When prompted to accept the process of downloading an update, you must click Yes.
- Check once more to see if QuickBooks Error 12031 ever occurs.
Method 2: Make changes to Internet Explorer settings
- You must first close the QuickBooks application.
- You need to open the Internet Explorer web browser after quitting the accounting program.
- Then, opt for Tools.
- Select Internet Options within Tools.
- Go to the Security tab after that.
- Click on Disable after navigating to the Content tab in this section.
- Before turning off the content advisor, you must enter the password.
- Select Never dial a connection under the connection
- Use the DUN (Dial-Up Node) right away and confirm your ISP choice.
- Next, press the Ok
- Click the LAN Settings
- The next step is to choose the checkbox to automatically detect settings.
- Additionally, be sure to mark the Use a proxy server checkbox as unchecked.
- Now, you must accurately note the IP address and port.
- Take the check mark from the Use a Proxy box if the port is not configured to port 80.
- Now click OK.
- Under Advanced, click Restore Advanced Settings.
- As you descend, watch out for Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.2, and Use TLS 1.2 options.
- You must select TLS 1.0 rather than TLS 1.2.
- The window will close, and the changes will be saved after you click Ok.
- Restart your computer after closing Internet Explorer.
- Immediately upgrade QuickBooks and check to see if the Error Code 12031 has been fixed.
Method 3: Clean Install QuickBooks (in Selective Startup)
- To do this, concurrently hit the Win and R
- After entering Msconfig in the Run box, press the Enter
- The System Configuration window will appear.
- Select the General tab next.
- Select Selective Startup and uncheck the box for Load startup
- Click OK after that.
- Reboot your computer if necessary.
- It is now necessary to uninstall QuickBooks. Proceed as follows.
- From the start menu, click Control Panel and then choose Programs and Features.
- In the list of installed programs that appear, look for QuickBooks. Hit on it.
- Select Uninstall/Change and then select the uninstall
- Choose Finish.
- After successfully uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop, navigate to download folder and look for the QuickBooks installation file (with the .exe extension).
- Double-click the file to install the QuickBooks program again.
- It starts the Install Wizard.
- Follow the on-screen directions to complete the installation procedure.
- To finish, click Finish.
- Now launch QuickBooks and attempt to update the accounting program. The QuickBooks Error 12031 should hopefully be fixed. Attempt to revert back to the Normal Startup mode in case that doesn't work.
Method 4: Swap to the Normal Startup Mode
- To begin with, open the Run
- Hold down the Windows and R keys for a few seconds to reveal the Run window.
- Enter Msconfig into the Run window.
- Then, press the Enter key.
- Choose the Normal Startup
- Choose Apply.
- Select OK.
- Switch off your computer.
We wrap this article with the hope that the various measures listed herein helped in troubleshooting of QuickBooks Error 12031. If you have any queries, feel free to contact us at 1 800 761 1787.